Smoked Deviled Eggs
This recipe takes the classic deviled eggs and steps it up about 3 notches! The smoked egg white is complimented by the bacon bits and smoked jalapeños. This recipe features our Chicken & Pork BBQ Rub, but if you are feeling adventurous, use our Hot and Spicy Chicken and pork rub. Once you try this version of deviled eggs, you will never go back to the boring traditional ones!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 12 Large eggs
- 2 Whole jalapeño
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Revolution Barbecue Chicken & Pork Rub
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover the pot then remove from the heat and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Remove and rinse in cold water. Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and slice in half. Remove the yolks, place in a bowl, and set aside.
- Pre- heat your smoker to 180°F with 2 chunks of Hickory or Apple wood.
- Place the eggs on the smoker (cut side up) and jalapeños on the grill and smoke for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy. Once cooled, chop into small bits.
- Remove the eggs and jalapeños from the smoker.
- Slice the top off the jalapeños, slice in half, remove the seed and membrane with a spoon and dice finely.
- Add the jalapeños, mayonnaise, , white vinegar, mustard, 1 tablespoon of the BBQ Rub, and 1 tablespoon of the bacon bits to the egg yolks. Using a fork (or hand mixer) mash the mixture together.
- Using a piping bag with the largest tip or a teaspoon, fill each egg white with 2-3 teaspoons of the yolk mixture.
- Dust with the remaining BBQ Rub and sprinkle on the the remaining bacon bits and green onions.
Experiment: Feel free to kick this recipe up to the next level by using our Hot and Spicy Chicken & Pork Rub. The balance of the sweet and heat will surely be a crowd pleaser!
Keywords: smoke deviled eggs bbq smoker